Feb 3, 2011, 10:22 PM EST
The Flyers survived a hard-fought yet mostly sluggish first 40 minutes and ratcheted things up in the final 20, ultimately beating the Nashville Predators with two goals by Ville Leino in the third period. Back in early December, we put together a post on Leino's proficiency with the spin-o-rama, and tonight he broke a 2-2 third period tie with this beauty:
Gatdamn! Great feed from Giroux, who you can hear yell "Carts!" in the replay above. More highlights from the Flyers' 3-2 win below.
Peter Laviolette has taken notice of Leino's spinners as well. “I definitely think that when you’re set one way and spin and throw a backhand, it’s hard to read, much harder than just a shot that comes off the stick," Lavvy said. "But he’s good at that. He’s really good at protecting the puck and circling in small areas and strong on it. He was like that most of the game.”
Jeff Carter earned the game's second star with a goal and two assists, factoring into every Flyers' goal. Credit Peter Laviolette for joining the hot hands, putting Leino out there with Carter and Claude Giroux. After the game, CSN's John Boruk said Leino's third period ice time was second only to that of Chris Pronger.
Ville the Kid with a beast of a night for the Flyers, tryna earn that extension. Interestingly enough, it was just the first two-goal game of his career. Meanwhile, Carter's three-point game was his seventh of the season
Probably Ville's favorite band… The Spinners!
Ya know because both came from Detroit.
|Trisha T on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages