Apr 22, 2008, 10:19 PM EDT
Talk about a great series… Not only did these two teams take it to 7 games, but they required overtime to settle it. The Caps looked downright scary at times, and for much of the third period, the ice seemed slanted toward Marty Biron and the Flyers goal. But Marty stopped everything during that flurry, and the Flyers came out of the intermission renewed and with some fire. Marty stayed sharp, and eventually the powerplay opportunities in the Washington zone paid off, with Joffrey Lupul emerging from a quiet playoffs to send home the game and series winner.
Never in doubt, right?
Alex Ovechkin ended up having a helluva series, notching another goal tonight and just generally being a factor any time he was on the ice. But he couldn’t do it alone, and on this night, Marty Biron was the best player on the ice. Flyers fans were rewarded by seeing their team with heads held high in the handshake line (one of the best traditions in hockey), and now it’s time to gear up for Les Habitants.
My neighbors may have called the cops after all the screaming that came on that last goal…
(AP Photo/Nick Wass)
After the jump, by request from our out of town friends, the final goal called by Jim Jackson, the celebration, and the handshake. Thanks for coming to the site for your fix. It’s been cool to hear from so many Flyers fans in other markets.
You can even see the pizza box hit Joffrey Lupul while he’s celebrating.
|Henry Corbitt on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|BenE. on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Marcus Hayes on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money