Jan 11, 2010, 3:50 PM EDT
With the end of the Eagles season, we are also sadly at the end of another great run of Football Food for Eagles Fans. It's awfully fitting that we go out with a Philly classic.
From Mark's flickr page:
for Football Food, I'm going South Philly, Tony Luke's style: seasoned,
breaded chicken cutlet skillet fried, sauteed broccoli rabe, provolone
cheese on a lightly toasted roll.
Key to the roll: On the top side, splash on some balsalmic vinegar. On the bottom side, splash on some malt vinegar.
On the side: Three Cheese (White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pecorino Romano) mac 'n cheese with crispy panchetta.
In the glass….Philadelphia's own Yards ESA.
Food, again, was better than the game.
Big thanks to Mark for another wonderful season. Feel free to glance through the archives if you're feeling hungry.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money