May 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
You can say it’s just Jrue being nice in case the Sixers decide to bring back the tall kid with the funny hair, but there’s some detail in these comments.
And it’s surprising.
As we all know, Andrew Bynum did not play a single second of basketball in a Sixers uniform. But according to the team’s only All-Star, Jrue Holiday, Bynum wasn’t just a great teammate, he actually made Jrue better.
“He’s an awesome teammate even though he didn’t get the chance to play,” he said. “He showed me a lot of perspective from the big man aspect of the game. I do think he’s one of the best big men in the league and having him on the bench and in the locker room helped me improve my game.”
Not what I expected to hear. So how about it Jrue, would you bring him back?
“I’d love him to … obviously, if he’s healthy. If he’s healthy I think he’s the best big in the league, but like I said it’s tricky because of the knee injuries.”
It is. Very tricky.
Most Sixers fans have resigned themselves into the thinking that “The Sixers should not re-sign Andrew Bynum.”
But if they just let him go, what, if anything, do they have? Sam Hinkie seems to have a lot of good will right now, but long-term rebuilding projects are just that — long-term.
That’s why at least one NBA executive at the NBA Combine told Bob Cooney:
“I don’t think there’s any way they can’t try to sign him. If they don’t, the franchise could be set back for at least a few years.”
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages