Feb 7, 2006, 12:58 AM EST
Phillies get starting pitcher Freddie Garcia and give up Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez. I like it. Phillies fans have heard too much about the potential of some of their young arms. I’m glad we no longer have to worry about when Gavin Floyd is going to turn into a good major leaguer. We can stop talking about potential and instead watch a pitcher with a World Series ring on his finger work the mound for the Phils.
The Phils gave up players that didn’t have a clear role on the 2007 squad for a pitcher who has proven he can win in this league. A nice move by Gillick. He likely has more up his sleeve.
Jon Lieber seems to be the odd man out. Bullpen help is next on the list of Phils’ needs. The Brewers Turnbow and Cappelan are options. There has also been rumblings about Texas reliever Akinori Otsuka. There is also the chance that Gillick goes even bigger, perhaps moving Brett Myers and maybe Rowand for a Vernon Wells or Manny type bat. I still have a soft spot for Manny.
>>Phils make deal for Freddie Garcia [Inquirer]
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return