Mar 14, 2005, 4:09 PM EDT
It has been somewhat dificult to get excited about the Phillies this spring for a number of reasons: Ed Wade’s lack of deals this off season, poor play early in Florida, questions surrounding David Bell’s back, Pat Burrell’s ability to get his swing back, and Corey Lidle. It’s very easy to get down on the Phillies, but you have to at least give them a chance. Gavin Floyd is something to be excited about. Peter Gammons writes about him in his top rookies to watch article.
Gavin Floyd, RHP, Phillies: At the end of last season, his velocity was down in the 80s. It’s back to 94, with the killer hammer. "I haven’t seen better stuff this spring," says one scout. "He’ll go right into that rotation, and his curveball is one of the best around."
|mslavick on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Feves on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Matt S. on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return