Aug 24, 2005, 9:14 PM EST
So apparently over 100 MLB players are wearing titanium necklaces because they make you play better. Someone get David Bell one of these, please. The article says there is no scientific study done yet which proves the necklaces work, but they can’t prove they don’t work. Maybe someone should send Lieberthal one as well. From Wired:
Just like any sports fan, the first place I turn for insight into
biochemistry and physiology is Major League Baseball. So as I noticed
more and more players wearing thin, nylon-covered necklaces made by a
Japanese company called Phiten, I knew that a ballplayer would be the best source of good scientific information.
Thankfully, New York Yankee ace Randy Johnson outlined the benefits of the necklaces.
Liquid titanium is supposed to generate positive and negative ions in
your body that will allow the blood to flow better, and increase
circulation in those areas," Johnson told USA Today earlier this year.
Sounds great! Now, Johnson might not be the most objective witness, as
he’s featured prominently on Phiten’s website and promotional
materials, leading one to conclude that he’s a paid endorser.
When I was younger I had titanium Redline 3 piece cranks for my bike. I wonder if they enabled me to get away faster from people chasing me?
|galasso2586 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|craig on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|galasso2586 on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Simmonds17 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages