Feb 18, 2008, 12:45 PM EDT
The Phillies have selected a new crop of ladies
for Meech to stalk to be part of the Phillies ball girl team. There will be a handful of returnees from last year’s squad but a number of young ladies will get their first chance to carry Brad Lidge’s warm-up jacket in 2009.
What do these ladies do when they’re not trying to handle foul balls?
Being a ballgirl is a part-time job, and every squad member has a career or is studying for one.
The rookies include an engineer, a statistical options trader, a
project analyst, a law student, another grad student, and a couple of
A statistical options trader? I don’t even know what that means. One thing is clear though, these girls aren’t Hooters waitresses.
>>Phillies announce new ball girls [Inquirer]
|Rob on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money