Jan 13, 2006, 12:39 AM EST
If you are a geek of any kind you know that this past week was CES where Google announced an online video store among other things. Usually, Google knows what they are doing, but their partnership with the NBA has me puzzled a bit. You can now purchase a video of an NBA game for a price of $3.95 just days after the game is played. Want to watch the Sixers performance against the Sonics this past Monday? No? Are you sure?
One area I could see this potentially working is in Classic Games. Want to watch the game where A.I. blew up for 60? Maybe. I could see the appeal to buying a game where something classic happened. But your average meaningless NBA game? No thanks.
Google Video does have some great aspects to it, you can watch Tom Cruise Kill Oprah or My Lovely Lady Lumps. Dude’s got dance moves like the Birdman. For hours of time wasting time check out their popular videos.
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|Turbo on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|corey on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Kunk on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages