Feb 17, 2012, 11:45 AM EST
Bad stories about awesome athletes can really suck sometimes.
Reports (some generated by his own camp) are now emerging that Allen Iverson is once more attempting a return to the NBA — albeit through non-traditional means.
Iverson is allegedly interested in signing with teams in the Caribbean, South America or even the D-League in an attempt to take one last shot at the Association.
A source tells ESPN’s Chris Broussard: “Allen only wants to play if there’s a possibility that it leads to the NBA,” the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “That’s the only way he would go to one of these lower leagues. He wants to get back to the NBA and leave the game on his terms.”
This renewed interest in basketball happens to come just days after a Georgia judge garnished funds from the former Sixer to pay-off an $860,000 debt to a jeweler.
Broussard goes on to claim that Iverson has not received any direct interest from NBA teams, but has has fielded some calls from the Los Angeles Lakers D-League affiliate — the Los Angeles Defenders.
As mentioned in the title, Iverson has also garnered some interest from a Venezuelan club named Guaros de Lara, though no formal contract has been offered.
So, if we’re getting this straight, a once-great-but-now-past-his-prime superstar is trying to recreate himself in South of the border? Where have we seen this before?
Clip definitely NSFW..
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
|BenE. on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|Tom on #AskFakeWIPCaller: A Philly Sp…|
|Tom on Must See TV – Reggie Whi…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages