May 2, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
The initially alarming news out of the Phillies camp this afternoon was that Roy Oswalt has left the team for personal reasons. After the first WTF?! reaction, just realize that Little Roy has some personal things that he needs to apparently deal with and the Phillies expect him back with the team. [Updated Below]
So Roy won’t be with the team this afternoon as they take on Arizona and try to salvage a ‘W’ in the desert, but that shouldn’t matter much, unless the game goes 17 innings or something and they need a left fielder. Cole Hamels starts for the Fightins.
Hamels (2-1, 2.92) will take on Joe Saunders (0-2, 4.98) who is arguably the best of the Diamondbacks rotation. Not very encouraging for the Phils team that has been beaten twice in a row by Arizona.
But if you are looking for a bright spot, the Phillies are an MLB-best 8-0 in games played in the daytime.
John Mayberry will get the start in left for the struggling Raul Ibanez (hasn’t gotten a hit in eons) and will hopefully add some pop to the lineup.
3:40 start time from Arizona. We’ll be watching on the couch if anyone wants to chat along in the comments.
Update from the Phillies: There has been a tremendous amount of tornado activity near Roy’s home in Mississippi resulting in several tragic deaths and significant devastation to the area. Because of this, Roy is concerned about his family’s well-being. He has chosen to take time to make sure there wasn’t significant damage to his home, but more importantly, to make certain that his wife and children are okay.
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|luke jenkins on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages