Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Roger Goodell, Jerry Jones and company probably thought that minor monetary compensation, some free merch, and a guarantee of tix to a future Super Bowl would be good enough to get the 1250 or so fans not awarded their proper seats at last Sunday's main event off their back. Not so, it would seem, as apparently most of them are suing the NFL, the Cowboys and Jones for about $5 million in total damages, a number which might be increased under state trade law.
The problems arose as a result of planned sections of temporary seating at Cowboys Stadium which was not completed in time, leaving over a thousand people seatless at the game. About two-thirds of those people were moved to other seats, but about 400 of them were forced to watch on monitors or to use standing-room only platforms. "We think that this is a pretty straightforward matter," said Michael Avenatti of representing firm Eagan Avenatti. "People did not obtain what they were told they were going to get."
Understandable to me, in a weird way. Sure, these people are being handsomely compensated and should probably take their hush money and packages and shut up about it. But like no other event in pro sports, every Super Bowl is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and if somehow the Packers and/or Steelers never made it back to the big game (or did so in a year where a cross-country February trip was less than conducive) and I missed my one chance to see it right…I'd be irate, sure. I'd probably just write a strongly-worded letter or something, but if these people have the initiative to hire a lawyer and everything, then I guess that's cool too.
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages