Jan 17, 2005, 10:45 AM EST
Are you glad that the Eagles chances of returning to the Superbowl are decreasing exponentially? Yeah! I mean, no? Well, Philadelphia Weekly writer Daniel McQuade is glad the Eagles stink. Maybe something is in the water over at Penn.
Maybe the Eagles will trade a draft pick or Terrell Owens for Brett Favre and the Eagles will turn into a machine while Donovan sits in the hospital in pain. That would be ironic, yes?
Three of the Birds’ wins this year are among the most memorable in my lifetime. Who can forget David Akers’ field goal in pain to beat the Raiders, the Eagles’ 18-point comeback against the Chiefs or the field goal block returned for a touchdown-the first in Eagles history-to beat the Chargers? Give me any of those finishes over any game (okay, besides the NFC championship) last year.
Monday night’s game was a downer. Blowing the game on an interception when the Eagles shouldn’t even have been throwing the ball was bad, and missing a chance at a comeback win-Reggie Brown dropped a pass that would’ve put the Eagles into field-goal range-was even worse. But it was nice to go into a huge prime-time game in where the Eagles weren’t huge favorites, where everything was on the line, where I was on the edge of my seat the entire game.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages