Jun 1, 2006, 12:35 PM EST
If you recall on Mother’s Day, MLB teams including the Phillies used pink bats to help the cause against breast cancer. Now MLB auctions is offering the bats up to the highest bidder. The funds raised will help fight breast cancer.
I thought we could try and give Philly fans a better reputation by raising some money and bidding on a Phillies item. I’ve set up a Fundable Group Action with a goal of $3,000. If you are curious how Fundable works check out the graphic on their main page. If the goal of $3,000 is met and people still want to donate, the amount will be raised.
The way it works: People pledge a donation to the group action, if the goal of $3,000 is not met, no person’s paypal or credit card is charged. Once we reach the goal, all of those who pledge funds will be charged their pledge amount. The final amount raised will be sent to me, and I will then bid on one of the Phillies items through MLB auctions. If you pledge and would like your name mentioned or your website linked to, I will surely do so here on The700Level. Also, if anyone donates $100 or more, I will give you a free month of Blogads advertising here at The700Level as well. If our goal is met and for some reason we can’t bid on any of the Phillies items I will either bid on another item which all of the proceeds will benefit breast cancer or will simply donate the money to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
If you have any questions feel free to leave it in the comments here for all to see or email me at the700level [at] gmail.com
From my description on the Fundable Group Action:
On Mother’s Day this year, all MLB teams were given a number of pink bats which were used in an attempt to raise both money and awareness in the fight against breast cancer. These bats, along with home plates and score cards, are being auctioned off to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The700Level.com is trying to organize Phillies fans to join together (and perhaps improve our image a little bit) and donate a small amount in hopes of bidding on one of the Phillies items. The minimum donation amount set up through Fundable is $10 but you can surely give more.
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|2sentz on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|psudrozz on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|2sentz on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages