Feb 1, 2006, 11:21 AM EDT
Last year the Eagles had the Cinderella story of Jeff Thomason going from construction work one week to playing in the Superbowl the next. This year the Steelers have a similar situation, except the Steeler, somewhat ironically, works at the global futures desk in Manhattan for Lehman Brother’s. Most people don’t even know what a global futures desk is. You don’t see the Wall Street Journal doing pieces on construction workers. WSJ on Grant Bowman:
Grant Bowman was settling into the rhythm of his new
office job, arriving at Lehman Brothers’ midtown Manhattan offices
every morning at 6:30, sitting at the global futures desk and studying
for his final round of Securities and Exchange Commission exams.
Then, a week ago Monday, his cellphone buzzed with
messages from his mother, his agent and the Pittsburgh Steelers. They
all wanted to tell him the same thing: Pack your bags for the Super
Bowman isn’t quite the Cinderella story Thomason was last year. After Chad Lewis went down in the NFC Championship game, the Eagles needed a tight end to step up and play. Bowman isn’t likely to see any action.
Though he isn’t likely to play in the big game itself, he will earn a Super Bowl ring for himself if the Steelers win Sunday.
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return