Mar 31, 2005, 9:51 AM EDT
Ryan Howard was sent to triple A yesterday. This was probably the expected move, but I was hoping to get to see Howard on the roster this year. With his attempt at learning the outfield falling short and Jim Thome standing on first, Howard is going to have to wait a little bit longer. It is going to take an injury to Jim Thome, except maybe for the Phil’s short span of inter-league play, for us to get a chance to see what Howard can do in the Bigs. Howard is 25 and not getting any younger. If he isn’t going to be a Phillie, they should move him for a player they can use.
It just hurts to see Ryan Howard, a great young talent, be sent down while other players like Jose Offerman making the squad simply due to his position. Telemaco was also sent to the waiver wire. Ed Wade says the final squad won’t be official till the Saturday night deadline: "We’re not sending signals to anyone that they have the team made," Wade said. "We need to see what develops. We want to leave things open until Saturday night."
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money