Aug 11, 2005, 9:24 AM EDT
The last line of my previous post was directed towards Ryan Howard showing us what he is made of, and it sure didn’t take long for him to respond. Howard blasted his first career grand slam late last night in L.A. giving the Phillies a great win. It seems like it wasn’t a few days ago when I mentioned what the Phillies really needed was clutch hitting. Then what do they do? They go out two nights in a row and deliver big hits in big spots.
The Phils have won a few when it matters and hopefully they can pull off a sweep of the Dodgers to continue their momentum. Thome going down for the season could be a blessing in disguise. I don’t think there is a person in Philly who doesn’t love the right side of our infield. Now only if they dealt Billy Wagner for a stud third baseman prospect and the Phillies would have one heck of an infield for years to come.
|Tom on Union have real chance to make…|
|Craig on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|t800m101 on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|ochospantalones on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money