May 10, 2005, 3:09 AM EST
Wolf, Madson, Cormier, and Wagner performed their roles perfectly last night and the Phillies beat the Brewers 4-2. The Phillies got on the board with 4 solo home runs by Michaels, Utley, Abreu, and Utley again in the 9th to give Billy Wags some insurance. Chase Utley seems to be the new favorite among Phillies faithful, the few that there are around. Hopefully his 2 HRs last night will get him in the lineup more consistently.
Jimmy Rollins got the night off and Polanco got the start at short. I wonder if Polanco’s recent playing time at positions other than second base are an attempt to showcase him to other teams in hopes of making Chase your everyday second baseman. I think Polanco is a solid player, but the fact that he is blocking Utley’s progression is a little irksome.
Ryan Howard continued to look horrific going 0-4 with a couple of his now patented ground outs. His batting average is .056, that is point ZERO FIVE SIX.
Hopefully the Phillies can continue the bit of momentum they have in tonight’s match up:
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|db21 on Please don’t use the wor…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages