Apr 17, 2005, 11:23 PM EST
Phillies take two of three from the Braves in two phenomenal endings. Chase Utley was the hero on Saturday and Brett Myers threw a 4 hit gem Sunday night with the Fightin’s coming back in the bottom of the 10th to win another thriller.
Why do I love Jimmy Rollins? There isn’t one single reason, but he had a phenomenal bunt single in the bottom of the 10th. He is to the Phillies what Andre Iguadola is to the Sixers. You just love watching the guy play. I also think it is easy to love a guy who plays phenomenal defense and has tremendous speed. Everyone loves speed; it gives a player that hustle appeal.
Fans booed the absence of Chase Utley early in Sunday’s game, but when Placido Polanco drove in the game winner to end it CBP erupted in cheers.
Sixers weekend wrap after the Jump.
After the Sixers won a convincing game in Indy on Friday night, they moved on to New Jersey Sunday night and must have lost their game somewhere near exit 114.
The Sixers looked horrible Sunday night, especially Chris Webber. I haven’t gone as far as some of the Philly faithful as to boo the guy, but he definitely looks old and rusty as a Sixer.
Jason Kidd had a triple double and the Nets seemed to take command of the 8th seed. It is likely the Sixers will be the 7th seed going up against the Pistons of Detroit.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages