Dec 27, 2004, 1:50 AM EST
The Katrina benefit show last night at the T.L.A. on South Street featured some entertaining opening acts: Dr. Dog and Lil Stooges a.k.a Stooges Brass Band coming up all the way from NOLA. The reason most people were there was to see CYHSY who played a very similar show to their last Philly show at the Khyber which I kind of reviewed here. I can’t think of anything notable from their set, perhaps they didn’t play Gimme Some Salt previously?
The pleasantly surprising and enjoyable part of the night was the energy and vibe brought up from New Orleans by the Lil Stooges Brass Band. They had some horns, drums, keys, bass, and really just had a blast up on stage. They even had a guy doing his NOLA style strut up on stage through many of the songs. It was pretty much a typical brass band sound mixed in with a little hip hop rapping. One of their songs was about and dedicated to a former band member who was shot. The crowd really seemed to get into these guys, almost more so than the main act. During one of the songs they did a Shout-esque softer now type thing where the entire crowd got on to the floor and they brought them back up to the rising volume of Black Sheep’s "pick it up, pick it up, pick it up." Quality entertainment.
Sid ate it up when they did a little of Kanye’s Gold Digger; Sid also decided he is joining the Stooges on tour.
UPDATE: Other Reviews of the show: callmemickey
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages