Mar 24, 2005, 11:20 AM EDT
When the Sixers drafted Andre Iguodala last year, Sixers fans didn’t really know him, now he is a fan favorite. The guy has hops, throwing down huge jams night in and night out. But he isn’t just a leaper, the kid has game. He became the first rookie this season to pull off a tripple double.
ANDRE IGUODALA, it turns out, is a practitioner. The 76ers rookie practices the lost art of impacting a game without necessarily scoring much. He didn’t score at all until the third quarter of last night’s 107-84 victory over the NBA defending champion Detroit Pistons, but he did just about everything else other than tape his teammates’ ankles. And before it was over, he emerged as the first rookie this season to record a triple-double, finishing with 10 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds, helping the Sixers climb to 33-34 and remain No. 8 in the Eastern Conference playoff seedings.
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return