Mar 14, 2012, 6:32 PM EST
The hot Sixers face their latest test this evening in Indianapolis when they take on a Pacers team that they could very easily see in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. Only one game separates Doug Collins’ squad (25-17) and the Pacers (24-16) between the 4th and 5th seeds in the East.
The Pacers were without Danny Granger when the two teams met at the Wells Fargo Center earlier in the season when the Sixers got the win on January 9th. That was the game, you may recall, in which the Sixers got a “hot tip” that Indiana was focusing on shutting down their second unit. That didn’t work real well.
The Night Shift isn’t exactly what it used to be with Evan Turner taking the step into the starting lineup, but Nik, Lou, Thad and co. are still a boss of a bench for other teams to handle.
Tonight also marks the long-awaited return of Spencer Hawes to the lineup. Honestly, it’s hard to vividly remember this Sixers team with Hawes. They’ve been through so much since then it seems. They were the talk of the NBA, then they fell into an awful lull, and now they’re red hot over their last three contests. Hawes return tonight against a formidable playoff foe should be a very good barometer.
As for the looming trade deadline, Rod Thorn told Sixers beat writer Dennis Deitch today that there is a better than 50% chance that they make a deal before the deadline. Granted, it likely won’t be a blockbuster. Two names Deitch throws out are long swingmen Reggie Williams and Corey Brewer.
The Sixers are looking for their 4th-straight win. Tip off shortly after 7:00 pm on CSN.
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages