Apr 20, 2009, 11:32 AM EDT
They're back in it and in convincing fashion. But do not get TOO comfy down 2-1. This victory has all the potential in the world to become a series changer. Taking game 3 with a 6-3 victory and losing game 4 would be like completing a pass on 4th and 26, and then losing the following week. Build on it. I know that Harry Kalas has very little to do with the Flyers and more with Philadelphia sports in general, but certain Pens fans (you know who you are) brought him up and made a mockery of his death. I won't even quote nor link what was said. Not sure, but you may have just invoked the Kalas curse… that is, if the Phillies fans let us borrow him for just a bit. Highlights and pics await you.
A game for the ages… unless you're from Western Pa.
Giroux, in only his 3rd playoff game, came THIS close to getting a Gordie Howe hattrick. He was assessed a two minute roughing penalty instead of a 5 min major. Kennedy, known by Pierre McG as "one tough hombre", hit the ice… hard.
And this is my absolute favorite. Crosby got a serious face wash from D'Powe and then some lip service. If you look a bit up and to the left, you see one of the Flyers faithful flipping Crosby the bird. What little respect I had for Sid dissipated with his swipe at Kimmo's jaw after the whistle in Game 2.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money