Feb 7, 2005, 2:24 PM EDT
John Smallwood hits the nail on the head with this one. You hate to blame McNabb for the loss, but his mistakes really cost the birds a chance. We can forgive our beloved number 5, but it will be hard to erase the memory of his poor passes and decisions. The lack of composure and general attitude of Donovan in the final few possesions of the game were really painful to watch.
But what McNabb couldn’t do on this night in Northeast Florida was the thing he’s built his reputation on: He didn’t make the clutch plays. When McNabb looks back at his first Super Bowl, he won’t see the passing numbers. He’ll see the mistakes: the crucial interceptions, the missed chances. "Three interceptions," McNabb said of the picks that helped doom the Eagles’ chance for their first NFL championship in 45 years. "I don’t look at touchdowns. I don’t look at any of that. I look at the three interceptions. "As a quarterback, you want to make sure you take care of the ball. Turnovers kill you."
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return