Feb 4, 2005, 11:26 AM EST
The Philadelphia Eagles play on Sunday in the Superbowl, something many of us have never witnessed. The national media gives us almost no shot; New Englanders believe their Patriots have zero chance of losing, and Philadelphians think there is no way the Birds can fall short.
There are so many subplots which leads to this being one of the best Superbowls of all time. The Patriots have won16 of their last 18; the Eagles would have finished the regular season 15-1 had they not handed the final two games over to the Rams and Cinci. The Patriots are the best team the NFL has seen in decades. They know what it takes to bring home the coveted Lombardi trophy, but one team, one city, and one dream stand in their path to hold it this year. The Patriots will face a force unlike anything they have ever seen.. Super 5.
I think there are two keys to the Eagles Defense on Sunday, the first and most important: Crack Brady in the Jaw. They have to get to Brady early and often. I m guessing Jimmy Johnson will bring the heat on Sunday and knock Brady around. Tom Brady can pick you apart if he has the time, the Eagles will have to pressure him and create turnovers. The second key for the Eagles Defense is stopping Corey Dillon. The Patriots getting off to a fast start and putting points on the board put the Eagles in a rough spot. This could allow the Pats to pound away with Dillon, eating up the game clock. If the Eagles force Brady or the Pats to turn the ball over, Eagles win.
Terrell Owens will play in the Superbowl, and will make a big impact when he is on the field. I think he could see action in 50% of the offensive plays. I’m sure he has some great TD celebrations planned. The first key to the Eagles putting points on the board will be getting BWest 25 plus touches. I have a feeling the Pats are going to jam him up coming out of the backfield, so the Eagles will give him more running plays than usual. I think he will have to break a few rushes putting the Eagles in good scoring position.
The key to the Eagles winning the Superbowl lies in the hands of our leader, Super 5. This is what Donovan is in Philadelphia to do… win this city the Championship it needs. The Patriots Defense is sound throughout, but it has weaknesses. Donovan can’t come out nervous and throw balls into the ground or even a tad behind his receivers. The Patriots might be able to keep Donovan’s arm in check, but they can’t stop his legs. I’m feeling over 50 yards rushing for Donovan on his way to Superbowl MVP.
The Patriots are NFL Champs, led by the now legendary Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, but today is Friday. Come Tuesday, the Lombardi trophy will run up the Art Museum steps and Philadelphia will be the home of Champions..
Eagles 27 Patriots 24 Can your hearts take a David Akers game winner?
|Lol on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|Marvin Monroe on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|Adam B on Things that happened during la…|
|willh888 on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages