In Which Sammy Dalembert’s Career-High 35 Gets Compared to Frank the Tank Blacking Out in ‘Old School’
Feb 6, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
“I’m not sure what’s going,” is what one of the announcers says at one point in last night’s Bucks-Nuggets game after former Philadelphia 76er Samuel Dalembert gets an easy bucket with an and-one.
That’s the kind of night it was for Sammy D., who absolutely busted out for a career-high 35 points. Sammy has had a very quiet season in Milwaukee, averaging just under 6 points per game with a season-high of 15 prior to last night.
The Denver Post’s Benjamin Hochman put it all into perspective in a way we can all relate to:
It was unreal, like that scene in “Old School,” when Will Ferrell’s
idiot character, “Frank The Tank,” has to debate political guru James
Carville, and the first question is: “What is your position on the role
of government in supporting innovation in the field of biotechnology?”
Ferrell, inexplicably, answers the question so eloquently that
Carville said, “I have no response. That was perfect.” (Later, Frank
admits that he blacks out and doesn’t remember the debate).
All of this comes via the fine work of Kelly Dwyer over at Ball Don’t Lie. He goes on to examine Dalembert’s remarkable effort further and points out it has already resulted in the Bucks trying to put Sammy on the trading block.
|Lol on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|badman on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|lahoe819 on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
|irishphilly87 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages