Jul 22, 2008, 9:43 AM EST
Nothing like the smell of two-a-days in the hot Pennsylvania summer heat. Many of the Eagles rookies and "select" veterans are practicing right now up the Northeast Extension on the hollowed grounds of Lehigh University.
About the only real news to report is that with the signing of Trevor Laws the Eagles now have all rookies signed and under contract. This is surely a positive for any youngsters like Laws and Jackson who may see some PT in their rookie year. Despite having agreed to a contract, Laws won’t practice the first few days due to a foot injury.
The other interesting tidbit coming out of Lehigh is the fact that Andy Reid will be giving veterans a bit of a break in the summer heat: "The Eagles coach said Monday that he instituted a rule for his players
age 30 and over that they could take off the morning practice on every
third day. Morning practices are the ones reserved for contact."
Donovan McNabb is scheduled to practice today and will certainly be in the spotlight.
If you really have nothing to do today you can read the official Eagles live blog and tune in to hear Dave Spadaro talk about the upside of [insert young player here]. So far we’ve heard that McNabb looks "healthy and enthusiastic." Good.
Besides Brian Westbrook’s desire to get paid and maybe a little Lito Sheppard distraction, it should be a peaceful camp.
The most entertaining anecdotes to come out of Lehigh may just be the DeSean Jackson quotes.
"I brought my ‘American Gangster’ so when I’m feeling down, I’ll just put it in there and
watch Denzel [Washington]," he said. "I’m just happy to be here and
ready to get started."
Ah, the inspirational effects of former drug kingpins.
Are you ready for some football?
|psudrozz on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Turbo on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|psudrozz on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages