Apr 26, 2008, 10:49 AM EST
With the NFL moving the start of the draft from noon to 3 PM, we’re left sitting at 11 AM with nothing to do but start drinking anyway, and bounce questions around the room about what the Eagles and the rest of the field will do today. Because isn’t that the beauty of Draft Day? The uncertainty, the projections, the predictions, the wondering… the fear.
With the Eagles slated to pick at 19th, also known as no-man’s land in the first round, there’s talk of them moving up or down, with the juiciest of rumors swirling that they might want a tailback like Felix Jones. After taking a QB with their top pick last year, who’d be shocked if they jammed another RB into a backfield that had Brian Westbrook playing at an MVP level last year? Ray Didinger even suggested it might be a good idea to line BWest up outside with a guy like Jones in the backfield. I’d probably still be a little blown away to see it happen.
There’s also the question of where Lito Sheppard will land, and what the Birds will get in return. Opinions vary on his value, but most agree that the deal will hinge on the Eagles’ ability to make a good selection with whatever pick they get, which of course is a huge wild card.
So feel free to air your last-minute wish lists and let the speculation fly… that’s what this day is all about. We’ll be back with updates and Draft Day etcetera throughout the day, culminating some playoff hockey later tonight.
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages