Mar 24, 2005, 2:35 AM EDT
I don’t know if many of you read this article about Iverson being a ball hog on ESPN Insider, but who gives a shit about a players "usage rate"? This is like the guy Eskin has on his shows on Fridays to predict games over the weekend. "When Bayside High plays a revenge game against an interstate rival on Tuesdays in the fourth week in February they are undefeated!" Wow. Great stat. Sometimes stat heads are annoying, this is one of them.
What the hell is going on with the Pistons? The Sixers absolutely handled Larry Brown’s squad 107-84 last night. A.I. led the way with 39 and 10. I don’t get the NBA.
Allen Iverson, who is entrenched as the centerpiece of the Sixers’ attack, leads the league in both scoring and field-goal attempts. For good measure, he’s near the top in assists, too. Between all the shots and all the drives and dishes to teammates, Iverson uses a huge chunk of the Sixers’ possessions. He’s taken more than a quarter of the team’s field-goal tries and more than a third of its free throws, leaving few possessions available for Webber to do his thing. Not surprisingly, C-Webb’s touches declined after he went to Philly. He’s down to 16 field-goal attempts a game, albeit in fewer minutes, and his assists have been cut almost in half.
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money