Feb 20, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s getting worse.
February 18th, 2012
Rochester, NY – The Rochester Lancers, of the MISL’s top level of pro indoor soccer, today announced a contract offer to former NBA star, Allen Iverson.
The Rochester Lancers host two remaining regular season home games to conclude their season. The offer stands at $20,000 per game, with a bonus of $5,000 per goal scored, win bonuses, and merchandise bonuses. There are over 12 goals scored on average per game.
“Allen Iverson is one of the premier athletes of our time,” said Rich Randall, Vice President of the Rochester Lancers. “With his athleticism and competitive hunger, I think he can be a great fit with our team and fans as we make an important playoff push, while also driving interest to an exciting, growing sport.”
If accepted, the Lancers have also offered to host his friends and family through the duration of his stay. With the per-game pay and bonuses, this offer will come close to the offer (per game) set by Turkish basketball team, Besiktas and ultimately keeping him the United States.
The Rochester Lancers are a franchise of the Major Indoor Soccer League, the highest level of professional indoor soccer. Lancers games are played at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. The Lancers name derives from the original NASL Lancers team that played host to players such as Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, George Best and Carlos Metidieri. For more information, visit www.rochesterlancers.com
As unfortunate (though nonetheless amusing) as this is, it’s also not unthinkable that Iverson would have made one helluva soccer player under the right circumstances. Obviously it’s a little late now, but I’d love to hear Rev’s unbridled enthusiasm at the thought of Iverson taking off on an overlapping run.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money