Feb 28, 2006, 2:14 AM EST
Jeff Garcia has taken this Eagles team from wondering what kind of draft pick they could get to the brink of a division title with a very good chance of making a Super Bowl run to boot. There is no arguing he has performed better than all of our expectations. His acuracy has been something the Eagles have been missing. What I don’t undertand is all of this hoopla around there being some sort of quarterback controversy next year when Donovan McNabb comes back?
Even Wilma McNabb felt the need to chime in on things after the Eagles memorable victory on Christmas. From Wilma’s blog post titled "Bittersweet":
The win this week was great and I could actually say that’s what I
wanted for Christmas. Yes, now we have solidly beat the Cowboys with my
son and without him. But I can hear you asking, mama McNabb what are
you really thinking? Well here it is, the real deal. Its kind of bitter
sweet for me as my son, the quarterback sits out on injured reserved
watching the game during his rehab. I polled my family too and they
feel the same. We want our team to win and even go to the Superbowl and
win it in Miami especially if they continue to play as they have. But
oh oh, if they win the Superbowl without my son, what would be the real
outcome with the fans? Will they crucify him?
Now, I’m all for a player having a wonderful relationship with his parents, but yo Wilma, this isn’t how you go about things. Trying to preemptively strike against a few Philly fans who may crucify your son if Jeff Garcia does what Donovan couldn’t do is not the way to go. This isn’t the first time you or papa McNabb have been a little too outspoken. Bringing up the handful of morons who booed your son on draft day over and over is getting a little old. The Eagles stomping of the Cowboys in Dallas on Christmas was one of the biggest wins the Eagles have had in years, don’t go saying it was bittersweet because your son was sitting at home. Sure, feel bad for your son, but don’t tell the world about it — especially Philly fans. You’re making him look weak.
What I want to know is who actually thinks Jeff Garcia has any shot of being the QB of the Eagles next season if Donovan McNabb is healthy? And who is going to pony up 75 bucks for a Jeff Garcia jersey? Let me settle this for all of you who may be confused. If Donovan McNabb is healthy next year, he’s the one taking all the snaps.
I’m going to say something that may have seemed crazy a few weeks ago. Jeff Garcia could lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl. But next year, this is still McNabb’s team. Can we forget all this garbage and enjoy this surprising ride we’re on?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return