Mar 31, 2009, 2:13 PM EDT
He'll still get his ring, but he won't be a Phillie when the team has its ceremony at Citizens Bank Park. Todd Zolecki reports that Geoff Jenkins has been released by the Phillies, who are set to open their season this Sunday night.
After getting off to a poor overall start with the Phils, then getting significantly outplayed by his one-time platoon mate Jayson Werth, Jenkins was more than expendable. Charlie Manuel has had some motivational words for the guys battling for bench spots, making it clear that everyone needed to perform to make this team.
Another move could be on the way, and Zo asks an interesting question that I was wondering about when I saw the news of Gary Sheffield's release today. Would he be a good fit off the Phillies bench?
If we get any more details on the Jenkins release, we'll post them up.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money