Mar 31, 2009, 2:13 PM EST
He'll still get his ring, but he won't be a Phillie when the team has its ceremony at Citizens Bank Park. Todd Zolecki reports that Geoff Jenkins has been released by the Phillies, who are set to open their season this Sunday night.
After getting off to a poor overall start with the Phils, then getting significantly outplayed by his one-time platoon mate Jayson Werth, Jenkins was more than expendable. Charlie Manuel has had some motivational words for the guys battling for bench spots, making it clear that everyone needed to perform to make this team.
Another move could be on the way, and Zo asks an interesting question that I was wondering about when I saw the news of Gary Sheffield's release today. Would he be a good fit off the Phillies bench?
If we get any more details on the Jenkins release, we'll post them up.
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages