Jan 18, 2005, 11:12 AM EDT
Pretty Interesting cut from Atlanta’s Monday press conference. Nothing as entertaining as FredEx, but apparently TO was calling up one of the Falcon’s who he is boys with and told them he is going to play. No shot in hell he plays, but you gotta love TO; toying with them like that.
Link: Jim Mora Monday PC – 1/17/05.
Q: Can you talk about Terrell Owens being out. Obviously that’s a huge loss for the Eagles.
Mora: I got the call this morning from T.O. already. He says he’s playing. He didn’t call me. He called Jimmy Farris. He said: ‘Hey, you tell Jim I might be there. I might be there.’ And I’ll tell you what, he’s such a tremendous competitor. You know, I was so fortunate to work with him for the years I did in San Francisco. There aren’t many players who I have as much respect for on the football field as T.O. because he brings a rare dimension to this game. I mean, he’s a scary player. And you know what? Old 81 might just trot out on the field Sunday. Who knows? But I think that the player who have had to step up and fill in for him have done a great job. When they’re playing real games – and really their first real game without T.O. was the other day – their receivers made plays. And to me, that’s a sign of a good football team. A good football team is one that they lose a star, they lose a starter and they just keep marching. That’s a credit to Andy Reid and their personnel department and then their players just accepting the challenge.
|Henry Corbitt on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|BenE. on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Marcus Hayes on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money