Mar 9, 2008, 5:44 AM EDT
Phil Sheridan has a nice piece this morning talking about how Jimmy Rollins, instead of bitching about out being underpaid, is cool with the fact he makes millions of dollars.
"I knew what I was signing when I signed it," Rollins says. "I know the value of money. I used to cut hair to make
money, so my parents didn’t have to give me money for the things I
wanted to do. It’s still the same thing, except my toys are a little
bigger now." I hope J-Roll outperforms his contract again in 2008 and buys himself plenty of toys to play with.
Sheridan later adds he thinks it’s a good idea to convert Lito Sheppard to wide receiver (!) and ends with this bit you can nod in agreement with, "It’s human nature to want more. It’s just kind of cool when a superstar
like Rollins cares just as much about getting more in the win column." Indeed.
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money