Feb 20, 2006, 11:59 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins is featured in the February 27th issue of ESPN the magazine which is on newsstands now. You can also read the article online if you are an ESPN Insider. The article, titled Ready to Roll, by Tim Keown takes a look at JRoll’s attempt at catching Joe DiMaggio’s historic hitting streak.
It’s a great look at Jimmy as a jovial, easy going guy who just loves to play baseball. Jimmy grew up as a student of the game and while he might come off as a witty jokester there is usually some acumen in his humor. JRoll also has a hell of a life going for him. The article points out that Jimmy is 27, lives in a house fit for MTV cribs formerly owned by Boyz 2 Men singer Michael McCary, and recently signed a 5 year, 40$ million dollar deal. He is having fun with it all, a Cali native with a house in both NJ and FL. He recently purchased a Mercedes CLS 55 Carlsson, the only one of its kind in North America.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money