Feb 18, 2011, 2:09 AM EST
As has become customary this time of year, Eagles' team president Joe Banner sat down with members of the media earlier this week. He touched on a variety of topics, ranging from signing Mike Vick and DeSean Jackson to new contracts (not until there is a new CBA), the club's plans in free agency (in a position to make a splash… when there is a new CBA), and what will happen to season ticket holders if there isn't a new CBA (refunds… with interest!). Of course, he reportedly spent several minutes endorsing Andy Reid, though the Daily News chose to describe the monologue as "luke warm."
And If that would have been all he said, everything would be fine. Hey look, Joe Banner came out for his yearly interview, and Eagles fans go on with their lives. Pitchers and catchers, etc.
But you couldn't do that, could you Joe? No, you had to make a whole series of media appearances. You had to get baited
and get baited by a Daily News story suggesting the organization is "luke warm" on Andy Reid, a fairly harmless generalization considering he's a
Look, I get what you were saying. Remove the ultimate highs and the lowliest lows, and the Eagles aren't so different from the Steelers. Or the Patriots. Or the Colts. It's true; just another way of saying they're right there every year.
But you can't say it like that. "On balance," BZZZT. I'm sorry, wrong answer, Joe. What parting gifts do we have for him, Enrico?
Nobody cares. Even the most cynical fan realizes
What it boils down to is championships.
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages