Nov 6, 2011, 10:28 AM EST
Joe Frazier is once again fighting. Unfortunately all of us, this time, it’s against an opponent even his legendary left hook can’t stop.
It is our sad duty this morning to bring you the news that Philadelphia boxing legend “Smokin’” Joe Frazier is in failing health. Reports broke Saturday evening that the former champ and all-time great has been taken to a Philadelphia-area hospice facility, and is in the final stages of an aggressive form of liver cancer.
Our condolences go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.
There’s plenty that can and will be said about the career of Joe Frazier over the coming days. But, for now, we’ll leave it to George Foreman to sum up what we all know, or at least should know, about one of the greatest competitors the sport has ever seen. Long before his lean-mean-fat-grillin’ machines, you may remember Foreman as the A-No. 1 Baddest Man on the Planet. As he reveals below, there wasn’t a single man on this earth—including Muhammad Ali—who scared him in the ring.
Save, of course, for Joe Frazier:
|willh888 on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|mike on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|No Hope on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Mike T. on Take a hike, Tom Brady: Eagles…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages