Apr 13, 2006, 9:38 AM EDT
Inqlings is reporting that WPEN sports talk 950 will be adding Kruker to their mornings in order to try and build their local programming in Philly:
Phillies retiree John Kruk is poised to join sports talk WPEN-AM (950) in what insiders are calling a "substantial" role.
The station says his role will be defined in a week or two.
Kruk and WPEN’s new program director, Jason Barrett, know each other from ESPN, where Kruk is baseball analyst. Kruk was unavailable for comment yesterday.
WPEN has been saying it wants to build a local stable of call-in programs, beyond Jody McDonald’safternoon-drive show and the nighttime 700 Level Sports Fanatics.
I always enjoyed Kruk’s comments on the Phillies when he was on baseball tonight. With my crazy out of town work schedule I likely won’t be able to listen to much of Kruk on 950 unless they jump on the Internet radio bandwagon.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money