Jan 24, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
Congrats are in order for Sixers point guard Jrue Holiday who will make his first All-Star Game appearance this season after being selected among the East reserves, according to Yahoo!’s Adrian Wojnarowski and CSN’s John Finger.
Jrue’s play for the Sixers has been one of the lone bright spots in a somewhat disappointing season. It’s not that the team as a whole isn’t playing up to its potential on a nightly basis, it’s more that without Andrew Bynum, they’re simply not a very good basketball team.
Still, Andre Iguodala barely earning a spot in last year’s ASG ended a drought of All-Star-less Sixers team’s dating back to the days of Allen Iverson. This could hopefully be the first of many more trips to the All-Star Game for Jrue as the Sixers star leader.
While some of his advanced stats weren’t sparkling, most believed Jrue to be deserving of one of the final guard spots on the roster, especially with Brooklyn’s Deron Williams having something off an off season thus far.
The Sixers commented via a statement:
“On behalf of our entire organization, I would like to congratulate Jrue Holiday on being named a member of the 2013 NBA Eastern Conference All-Star team,” said Sixers Managing Owner Josh Harris. “We are extremely proud of Jrue and consider him to be one of the cornerstones of our franchise and also one of the NBA’s bright young stars. We look forward to seeing him represent the Sixers and our fans during All-Star weekend.”
Kudos to Jrue. And we look forward to watching him do his thing among the game’s best in a few weeks.
Philadelphia guard Jrue Holiday has been selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star reserves, league sources tell Y!
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 24, 2013
Jrue Holiday is an All-Star, according to a source.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) January 24, 2013
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ericsaxon35 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Brian Grasso on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages