Apr 10, 2011, 10:16 PM EDT
Ugh. After a blowout win against the Nets a week ago that brought the Sixers to 40-36, looking like a fairly safe bet to soon secure their first winning season in over half a decade, the Liberty Ballers dropped their next three–the last loss of which, to the Knicks, might have cost them their chance at the sixth seed. (Which we might not even want anyway. BUT STILL.) Now we have but three games remaining, all at home, and two against teams well below .500, needing more victories than losses in order to get that damn above-average mark for the season. (I know, I shouldn’t care, but dammit, how hard is it to win 42 games?)
First up tonight: The Toronto Raptors, presumably the easiest out of the bunch. The Raps are a meager 21-57 for the year, kept out of the Eastern basement only by the historically terrible Cavaliers, and a particularly woeful 6-31 on the road. They’ve played the Sixers tough this season, and actually won the first two matchups, but those were in the Bad Old Days of 2010, and in their one 2011 meeting, the Sixers were able to pull away at the end for an 107-94 victory. Expect Thaddeus Young, ever the shredder of piss-poor defenses, to have another big night, after gashing the Knicks for 25 points off the bench on Wednesday.
7:00 tip from the Wells Fargo Center. “We haven’t shot the ball well,” Collins said of the Sixers, who have indeed shot just 40.6% over their three-game skid. “I told our guys to stop worrying about our shooting. Let’s guard and everything else will take care of itself.” Against the Raptors especially, no doubt. Let’s get it done.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money