Sep 2, 2005, 4:12 AM EDT
The stuff going on in the New Orleans area is almost unbelievable. Warrick Dunn is challenging the NFL to step up by donating at least 5,000 per player:
The reigning NFL Man of the Year said he thinks players have a moral
obligation to help the people of the Gulf Coast. "If guys don’t
donate," Dunn said, "they’re being selfish.
"We’re such a great
country and it’s at times like this a great country has to come
together. We’re looking at people on TV who have no money, no homes, no
job and no idea what they’re going to do with their lives. Now is when
they need us most. We just have to respond and we have to respond."
The Phillies and Citizens Bank Park will be helping the cause as well with special donations locations set up inside the park during their next home stand. They will also be holding a silent auction:
Phillies Charities, Inc., will conduct a special Silent Auction of
autographed baseball memorabilia by the current Phillies players and
Phillies Alumni on Monday night (September 5).
The Silent Auction will take place from 5:35 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the
First Base Gate Plaza. Proceeds will also be donated to the Relief
The American Red Cross with the help of Yahoo has set up a page which makes it really easy for anyone to make a donation to the relief effort.
Kind of related: You can’t kill the internet.
|Marvin Monroe on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Z on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return