Aug 25, 2005, 10:02 AM EDT
I can’t remember the last time the Phillies actually had a shot at making the playoffs. They have quietly taken a 1.5 game lead in the wild card race; there hasn’t really been a buzz due to the fact that they have been on the West coast and the games don’t end till most of us are fast asleep. That and the fact that the Phillies perpetually disapoint and Philly fans don’t want to get fooled again. I lasted until about the 4-4 point last night. Cory Lidle didn’t look too sharp and neither did San Fran’s starter. Lidle supposedly was injured but I am unsure of the severity of the injury.
I’m looking forward to following the Phillies wild card race down to the wire. It will make The Month of Rick* rather entertaining. It looks like the Astros, Marlins, and maybe even the Mets could hang around till the end. I thought the Astros were the favorite a few weeks ago but lately I don’t really have any idea who I think the favorite is, partially because I haven’t had the chance to watch a lot of baseball.
*Details on The Month of Rick coming soon.
As you may have noticed there has been some reorganization of the right hand side bar. There is now an advertisment for Eagles Tickets, so feel free to check it out.
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return