May 8, 2007, 9:25 AM EDT
This is good news for a team who plays in the same division as those fat hogs down in D.C.
For one thing, if you can hunt wild hogs with a couple of dogs and a 12-inch bowie knife, the way Kevin Kolb and his friends have, maybe getting booed or being lambasted on talk radio won’t seem like such a big deal.
"It’s not just [about] killing an animal," says Kolb (pronounced Cob), taking a lunch break last week after a workout at the University of Houston. He didn’t want to come off like some bloodthirsty savage to the non-hog-hunting fans of his new team, the Eagles, who shocked everyone from Allentown to Atco by taking Kolb with their first selection in the 2007 NFL draft, 36th overall. "A lot of times you’ve got to work before you reap your reward."
"Our dogs go and find ‘em first, and then we stab the pigs. It’s a little bit dangerous, but as long as you know what you’re doing, you’ll be all right," he says.
I certainly don’t get it. But I like it.
Kolb was a star at Houston, but not many Eagles fans have actually seen his game. His outdoorsman attitude is something I think Birds fans can get behind. At least if he’s pissed off at Eagles fans for booing him he won’t have his mom go whine on her blog. Kevin Kolb will just go kill a pig and fry up some scrapple.
>>Eagles new QB hails from hog-hunting, blue-collar country [Daily News]
>>Previously: Kissing Kevin Kolb-er [The 700 Level]
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money