May 6, 2007, 8:30 AM EDT
Kevin Kolb married his high school sweetheart in February. Whitney is a looker, but you’d think he’d have drawn at least a little inspiration from Tom Brady’s Angel-hunting pursuits this past year. In all seriousness, Kolb comes from a strong Christian upbringing, so getting hitched before entering a world of temptresses was probably the natch move for him. Whitney is a scholarship athlete herself, and she “limited out” in a half hour the first time she and Kevin fished together. Limiting out is a new verb for me, but I like it.
Bob Brookover has a nice piece on Kolb’s family life in today’s Inquirer, where he details Kolb’s relationship with his dad and primary interests, hunting and fishing.
“I killed an 18-point [buck] about four years ago,” Kolb said. “We all fish together, too. I’ll fish for whatever and whenever. I’m very excited about trying some [Pennsylvania] fly-fishing. I once caught a 76-pound yellow cat[fish]. I caught a 250-pound blue marlin a couple summers ago. It probably took about 25 minutes to reel it in. Fishing is a way for me to get away from everything. It’s my solitude.”
When you start your career getting booed on draft day, it’s good to know you have a way to find some solitude.
Family ties are strong for QB Kolb>>The Inquirer
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money