May 6, 2007, 8:30 AM EST
Kevin Kolb married his high school sweetheart in February. Whitney is a looker, but you’d think he’d have drawn at least a little inspiration from Tom Brady’s Angel-hunting pursuits this past year. In all seriousness, Kolb comes from a strong Christian upbringing, so getting hitched before entering a world of temptresses was probably the natch move for him. Whitney is a scholarship athlete herself, and she “limited out” in a half hour the first time she and Kevin fished together. Limiting out is a new verb for me, but I like it.
Bob Brookover has a nice piece on Kolb’s family life in today’s Inquirer, where he details Kolb’s relationship with his dad and primary interests, hunting and fishing.
“I killed an 18-point [buck] about four years ago,” Kolb said. “We all fish together, too. I’ll fish for whatever and whenever. I’m very excited about trying some [Pennsylvania] fly-fishing. I once caught a 76-pound yellow cat[fish]. I caught a 250-pound blue marlin a couple summers ago. It probably took about 25 minutes to reel it in. Fishing is a way for me to get away from everything. It’s my solitude.”
When you start your career getting booed on draft day, it’s good to know you have a way to find some solitude.
Family ties are strong for QB Kolb>>The Inquirer
|Simmonds17 on This Grantland profile on Andr…|
|Lee Harvey on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Nicky Boy on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Scott B on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages