May 12, 2009, 9:52 PM EST
You'd think after he swiped a bag in the 4th, then stole second and third in the 7th, that Russell Martin and the Dodgers might have had a keen eye on Jayson Werth. Not so much. After a called strike to Pedro Feliz, Martin didn't even look over at third, lobbing the ball back to reliever Ronald Belisario. Werth never paced back to the bag, continuing a walking lead until Martin had released the ball, then darted home to beat the throw back to the plate.
And the crowd goes wild…
John Finger says it's the first time a Phillie has stolen second, third, and home in succession since Pete Rose did it in 1980; Carlos Ruiz (yep) took home on the back end of a double steal more recently ('07). Werth's fourth steal of the night also tied a club record set by Sherry Magee back in 1906 and tied by Garry Maddox. The Phils had six steals on the night, beating the Dodgers 5-3. Chan Ho Park turned in another good start, fighting off a calf cramp and a first-inning jam.
After the jump, quite possibly the most low-def YouTube of the modern era (Update: full quality here).
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return