May 12, 2009, 9:52 PM EST
You'd think after he swiped a bag in the 4th, then stole second and third in the 7th, that Russell Martin and the Dodgers might have had a keen eye on Jayson Werth. Not so much. After a called strike to Pedro Feliz, Martin didn't even look over at third, lobbing the ball back to reliever Ronald Belisario. Werth never paced back to the bag, continuing a walking lead until Martin had released the ball, then darted home to beat the throw back to the plate.
And the crowd goes wild…
John Finger says it's the first time a Phillie has stolen second, third, and home in succession since Pete Rose did it in 1980; Carlos Ruiz (yep) took home on the back end of a double steal more recently ('07). Werth's fourth steal of the night also tied a club record set by Sherry Magee back in 1906 and tied by Garry Maddox. The Phils had six steals on the night, beating the Dodgers 5-3. Chan Ho Park turned in another good start, fighting off a calf cramp and a first-inning jam.
After the jump, quite possibly the most low-def YouTube of the modern era (Update: full quality here).
|PhillyFan on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|33 on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|Pete D on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay is retiring from…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages