Mar 14, 2011, 3:52 PM EST
Kobe Bryant was in Dallas over the weekend to take on Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks. While Kobe's arms and legs may have been a bit tired from all of those post-game shooting drills last week, his mouth was working just fine, particularly when defending the Philadelphia Eagles and ripping a bit on the Dallas Cowboys.
Eddie Sefko, a reporter for Dallas News' Mavericks blog, says that Bryant became quite animated when discussing an NFL lockout, noting that Kobe would be crushed by not being able to watch his Eagles play on Sundays.
"I would, yeah, although in Dallas I don't know how much they'd miss it because it's not like they had one anyway,'' he said. "Isn't that right, Joe? It wouldn't be like you guys would miss a football season here. You didn't have one anyway.''
Smith [a Cowboys fan] shot back that the Eagles weren't exactly celebrating a championship, either.
"We went to the dance,'' Bryant said. "Y'all had people popping champagne in your building. That's not a good look.''
Certainly not a good look.
As noted here in the past, Kobe was supporting the Dodgers over the Phillies in playoff baseball a few seasons ago, but he supports the Eagles? Perhaps it has something to do with L.A. not having a football team?
Or maybe he just became close with Michael Vick with that "Be Epic" love note.
Either way, at least he talks trash on the Cowboys. That's something we can all get behind. Even Kobe-haters.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages