Mar 14, 2011, 3:52 PM EST
Kobe Bryant was in Dallas over the weekend to take on Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks. While Kobe's arms and legs may have been a bit tired from all of those post-game shooting drills last week, his mouth was working just fine, particularly when defending the Philadelphia Eagles and ripping a bit on the Dallas Cowboys.
Eddie Sefko, a reporter for Dallas News' Mavericks blog, says that Bryant became quite animated when discussing an NFL lockout, noting that Kobe would be crushed by not being able to watch his Eagles play on Sundays.
"I would, yeah, although in Dallas I don't know how much they'd miss it because it's not like they had one anyway,'' he said. "Isn't that right, Joe? It wouldn't be like you guys would miss a football season here. You didn't have one anyway.''
Smith [a Cowboys fan] shot back that the Eagles weren't exactly celebrating a championship, either.
"We went to the dance,'' Bryant said. "Y'all had people popping champagne in your building. That's not a good look.''
Certainly not a good look.
As noted here in the past, Kobe was supporting the Dodgers over the Phillies in playoff baseball a few seasons ago, but he supports the Eagles? Perhaps it has something to do with L.A. not having a football team?
Or maybe he just became close with Michael Vick with that "Be Epic" love note.
Either way, at least he talks trash on the Cowboys. That's something we can all get behind. Even Kobe-haters.
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Mostel on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Dom on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return