Apr 5, 2005, 10:51 AM EST
I know you all have been wanting some Eagles news.. Link at the bottom of the page to a Foxsports article from yesterday which has been debunked in today’s Daily News by Les Bowen:
FoxSports.com reported yesterday afternoon that the Eagles and the Ravens were talking about a trade that would exchange the Eagles’ franchise-tagged defensive tackle for a second- and a third-round pick, over the next two drafts. Simon then confirmed to Comcast SportsNet that "there’s been some conversation," though later in the evening, he told the Daily News: "There is nothing between the Ravens and I at this point in time."
Actually, the league source said, the Ravens called the Eagles on Friday, asking whether the Birds were interested in discussing a deal for Simon that would cost Baltimore less than the two No. 1 draft picks a team must surrender for signing a franchised unrestricted free agent, assuming the Ravens could reach agreement on a contract with agent Roosevelt Barnes. The Eagles said they would be interested; they must have been satisfied with the compensation the Ravens were offering, because they gave Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome permission to talk to Barnes.
But the source said that Newsome called the Eagles yesterday afternoon and told them to forget it, that Barnes’ salary requirements were too high – though Newsome is said to have a strong relationship with the agent, a factor that might have helped spur the Ravens’ interest.
I wouldn’t mind if the Eagles moved Simon. While coming on strong at the end of the season, he has still never really lived up to his expected capabilities.
FOXSports.com has learned that the Ravens and Eagles have recently discussed a deal that would send former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Corey Simon to the Ravens in exchange for second and third-round draft picks over the next two years. There is, however, a huge holdup as the deal is contingent upon the Ravens working out a contract extension with Simon — no small feat. In order for the trade to happen, the Ravens have to come an agreement with Simon within the next day or two, as both teams do not want this situation to linger for weeks.
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|33 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages