Apr 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
The Orlando Magic are in town to play game No. 81 of the Sixers season. Reports out of South Philly today have Andre Iguodala being held out of the lineup to give his knee some needed rest. Add that to Lou Williams already being out of the lineup with his hamstring injury and you’re left wondering if this is an important litmus test to see how the remaining Sixers stack up against an Eastern power, or just another game that needs to be played before the playoffs start.
The Magic are coming off a tough loss on Sunday against the Bulls when they were without Dwight Howard who was serving a one-game suspension for picking up too many technical fouls. He should be back in the lineup for the Magic tonight, and could give the Sixers’ big men fits.
Doug Collins, as seen below, says the most important thing for his team is getting healthy. After that, they want to get into a good rhythm and execute well heading into the postseason. The Pistons on Wednesday will likely make those two taks a bit easier than Orlando will tonight.
Sitting on 41 victories, a win tonight would guarantee the Sixers a winning record on the season, a feat that would mean a lot to Doug Collins and his club. And something the fans in Philly would certainly appreciate.
Without ‘Dre or Lou playing tonight, I’m leaning meaningless tune up. Just don’t get blown out.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages