Dec 27, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
“Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and [a guy with a gun]“…wait, what?
Reports came out very early on Tuesday morning—in fact, just as Lou Williams was leading an attempted comeback in Portland—that the Sixers’ guard had been involved in another failed action earlier this week: a robbery.
Piecing the various stories together, it sounds as though Lou was stopped in his car somewhere in Manayunk when he was approached by a man with a gun. From there, it is unclear as to whether Williams managed to dissuade the robber, or if said robber was just a fan of Lou’s work both on the court and in the community, but, whatever the case, it’s alleged that Williams ended up treating his would-be assailant to a dinner at McDonald’s.
Williams said he was driving in his car when the man approached, knocked on the driver’s window and had a gun drawn.
“There’s crime everywhere,” said Williams. “I was debating whether to pull off or help the guy. The gun was already out. He did all the talking and we came up with a solution before I could really say much. I treated him to McDonald’s.”
So there you have it. Not only can Lou break defenders down off the dribble and create his own shot, but he may have just secured a career after basketball in hostage negotiation (He has experience!).
|sundresses cheap on Joey Crawford is the best, unh…|
|CashOnly on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages