Dec 27, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
“Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and [a guy with a gun]“…wait, what?
Reports came out very early on Tuesday morning—in fact, just as Lou Williams was leading an attempted comeback in Portland—that the Sixers’ guard had been involved in another failed action earlier this week: a robbery.
Piecing the various stories together, it sounds as though Lou was stopped in his car somewhere in Manayunk when he was approached by a man with a gun. From there, it is unclear as to whether Williams managed to dissuade the robber, or if said robber was just a fan of Lou’s work both on the court and in the community, but, whatever the case, it’s alleged that Williams ended up treating his would-be assailant to a dinner at McDonald’s.
Williams said he was driving in his car when the man approached, knocked on the driver’s window and had a gun drawn.
“There’s crime everywhere,” said Williams. “I was debating whether to pull off or help the guy. The gun was already out. He did all the talking and we came up with a solution before I could really say much. I treated him to McDonald’s.”
So there you have it. Not only can Lou break defenders down off the dribble and create his own shot, but he may have just secured a career after basketball in hostage negotiation (He has experience!).
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return