May 11, 2005, 9:53 AM EST
The Eagles owner said that Owens will just have to honor his contract. Lurie blamed T.O.’s new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, for giving the WR "self-destructive" advice. And it appears that Lurie and the Eagles never gave a second thought to any type of contract renegotiation for Owens.
"It’s not even an issue," Lurie said in an exclusive interview. "It’s a nonissue. There are a lot of things I spend time thinking about, but that’s not one of them."
Here is a link to the full article from the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Lurie also gives credit to Super 5 – "Teams that really seem to have high-character players win. We’ve been fortunate to have a lot of high-character players, [including] a very high-character quarterback [Donovan McNabb] who is a leader."
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|dawkisgod on Video: If Chip Kelly calls a […|
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages